HOW TO PACK A SHOE BOX GIFT:
1. SHOE BOX: Use an empty shoe box (standard size, please) or a small plastic container. You can wrap the box (lid separately), but wrapping is not required. Most importantly, pray for the child who will receive your gift.
2. BOY or GIRL: Determine whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl, and the child's age category: 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14. Use the appropriate boy/girl label and mark the correct age category on the label, and tape the label to the top of your box.
3. FILL WITH GIFTS: Fill the box with a variety of gifts that will bring delight to a child: Toys, school supplies, hygiene items, hard candy and lollipops (please double bag all candy). Other items: t-shirts, sunglasses, hair clips, flashlight (with extra batteries) are acceptable, too. You may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself or your family.
Do not include: Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolate or food; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins, breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.
4. INCLUDE $9 DONATION: Please donate $9 or more for each shoe box you prepare to help cover shipping and other project costs. You can give online by using our "Follow Your Box Donation" option, or you can write a check to Samaritan's Purse (note "OCC" on memo line) and place it in an envelope on top of the gift items inside your box. If you or your family are preparing more than one shoe box, please make one combined donation.
5. DROP OFF: Place a rubber band around each closed shoe box and drop it off at Golden Gate Assembly of GOD, in the lobby, during service times: Wednesday or Sunday.